Monday, November 28, 2011

August-logo

1. My word is epicurean. Epicurean means to have luxurious tastes or habits, especially in eating and drinking.


2. I used different line thicknesses to give the grape character. I wanted the grape to seem alive and have personality because someone who is epicurean is going to have a personality to them. If the line thickness stayed the same throughout the shape of the grape, then the grape would have no appealing aspect. I drew the grape on paper, then transferred it onto the computer to give it more of a cartoon affect. If the grape was drawn on the computer, it would have a more uptight, cold feeling to it. I didn't want the grape to have this feeling because if this logo were to be put on the product, I would not want the logo to seem cold and unfriendly. The grape is also plump to show that it has indulged in (luxurious) things. Lastly,the shadow of the grape is a crown to show that the grape is (essentially) full of luxurious things.

No comments:

Post a Comment