Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TYPE BOOK update

Here are some images from my type book sample,..... so far

I decided to use a section of the story of "Alice in wonderland" as source material..... specificly, the part where Alice follows the rabbit down the hole.

The book's design will get more and more chaotic as you read along- like falling down a dark hole.





One of the primary "tricks" used in making these images was to apply the "Radial Blur" effect to letterforms. By using patterned fills, then spinning them with the effect, I got some pleasing effects. I also copied and pasted several layers of the same, blurred type to "pile up" the effects.

Another "trick" was to take a screen shot of a part of my design and "place" it into Illustrator. I then assembled, stretched and organized them into a new image. I thought it made some wonderful visual "textures".

The keyboard command for a screenshot is: hold the "command" key and the shift key, then hit the "4" key. You can select what part of the screen to capture. The image is saved to the desktop.

Here's a sample of the screen shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment